on December 16, 2013
Hi It’s Tosi here!
Happy Holidays! There is so much going on at My Good Nanny (MGN) Headquarters. We are Thankful for a wonderful 2013 and looking forward to accomplish so much more in 2014. As the kids wrap up this school year and start screaming at the top of the lungs…Moooooommmm….I am BORED, we hope these amazing tips will not only keep them busy but will teach them one of life’s most important lessons: “It is more blessed to give then receive!”
These tips were compiled by our trusted assistant – Mariah.
Tips for Instilling a Giving Holiday Spirit
- Have your children write Santa letters for others…(their family, those less fortunate in their community, their friends, etc.)
- Visit VolunteerMatch. It is a site that helps you find things to volunteer for in
- your community.
- Have a secret santa party in your family!
- Read about the history of Hanukkah whether you celebrate it or not.
- Play a game of Dreidel. Dreidel is a four-sided spinning top, played with during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.
- Light a kinara for Kwanzaa and teach the children the meaning of the holiday.
- Have everyone make a list of 12 things they’re thankful for: one for each month of the year.
- Have a movie night with the family where everyone gets to choose their favorite holiday movie!
- Make a list of all the things you want to Thank God for this year, share the list on Christmas Day.
Most of all, embrace and cherish the time you get to have with your children over this holiday season! And remember to teach them that it is about more than getting gifts. It is about love, hope, and giving. Please share your favorite holiday activites with the kids on our facebook page.
P.S. Stay tuned for our exclusive MGN Nanny Training Webinar: How to land and keep your Dream Nanny Job.
About Tosi: Tosi Ufodike is the Founder of My Good Nanny, the leading caregiver placement agency for cultural nannies, babysitters, and elderly care providers. www.mygoodnanny.com. Connect with her on twitter: @mrsufodike